Health & Fitness
9 Incredible Mood-Boosting Herbs
We all need a pick-me-up once in a while. Other than a happy pill, what are some natural ways to lift our spirits?
For advice on healing ingredients found in nature, we reached out to herb connoisseur Seibo Shen, CEO of VapeXhale.
As it turns out, there are various herbs that can elevate mood and produce other health benefits, especially when vaporized through a vaporizer.
Shen, formerly a Hollywood stunt man and backup dancer for Bone Thugs N Harmony, applied his expertise in vaporizing to produce one of the industry’s most celebrated vaporizers, VapeXhale’s Cloud EVO.
Thanks to Shen’s insight, we now present this thought-provoking list of mood-boosting herbs:
1. Damiana: This herb has immediate relaxing and sense-enhancing effects. It produces almost immediate feelings of well-being. Damiana is also one of the best herbs for women’s health, especially for those that experience cramps, irritability, and mood drops. This herb brings on a relaxing, subtle high that lasts for about a 1/2 hour and is a great herbal alternative to cannabis.
2. Bergamot: This herb is used to treat stress, depression, anxiety, anorexia, and also psoriasis and eczema. It is used to stimulate the liver, digestive system and spleen, and provide an overall mood lift.
3. Chamomile: Chamomile is a powerful calming agent, as well as antibiotic, antiseptic, antidepressant and overall mood lifter. Some varieties can also help to battle inflammation.
4. Cannabis sativa: This is an immediate relaxer and provides an almost instant calming effect. It can also be used to reduce aches and pains.
5. Rosemary: This herb is used to stimulate and enhance memory, relieve congestion and sinusitis issues. It can also help to soothe aching muscles, cramps, headaches and migraines.
6. Lavender: One of the most popular herbs, lavender is effective at reducing stress and helping to calm for a restful night’s sleep. In addition to stress-relieving properties, lavender can help as a healing aid against colds, flu and migraine.
7. Sandalwood: This oil can help to alleviate chest pain and relax tense muscles. It’s used in many yoga classes to help calm as well, and is also an anti- inflammatory.
8. Tea Tree Oil: This oil can help to boost the immune system and fight infections. It works to heal burns and cuts, and also helps to soothe and treat cold sores, respiratory conditions, muscle aches, and the flu.
9. Ylang-Ylang: This oil is essential for reducing stress. While known for its calming properties, it can also be used to help reduce headaches, nausea and high blood pressure.