A foodie’s dream gift: SpiceToMeetYou is a spice subscription service that ships monthly packages of custom spice blends and yummy recipes to your doorstep.
An online spice store offers a holiday gift option that can keep the taste buds happy until the snow begins to melt and for many months after.
SpiceToMeetYou offers a one-of-a-kind mail-order spice subscription service. After purchasing a subscription, the gift recipient will receive a monthly shipment of custom, seasonal spice blend along with recipes to use it with. The shipments are sent each month for a total of 12 months.
The first shipment includes a personalized card, plus, an e-card is sent within 24 hours after the order is placed.
Check out a delicious chocolate holiday recipe made with SpiceToMeetYou’s Minty Mint Pattycake Sugar below.
Special offer for New York Smash readers: Purchase more than one subscription between now and December 15th and receive $20 off your order with promo code HOLIDAYLOVE. One of these subscriptions can be for you.
Chocolate Peppermint Crackle
Chocolate Peppermint Crackles
Prep and Bake Time: 40 Minutes
Makes about 16 crackles
1) Melt chocolate and butter together. This can be done in the microwave, but we suggest boiling water in a pot and placing the chocolate and butter in a second pot. Hold the second pot over the boiling water until the chocolate and butter melt. Set aside to cool slightly.
2) In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
3) In another bowl, beat eggs, granulated sugar, and Minty Mint Pattycake Sugar constantly, until it begins to become fluffy and thickens slightly, about 7 minutes.
4) Add egg mixture, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract to the chocolate and butter. Stir to combine. Then stir in flour mixture until just incorporated. Cool mixture in freezer for 10 minutes.
5) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put powdered sugar in a bowl. Remove mixture from freezer and roll chocolate into balls, approximately the size of ping pong balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar to coat almost completely.
6) Oil/butter baking sheet or tin foil and place balls two inches apart. Bake for 15-17 minutes. When a fork is inserted into the center of each crackle, nothing should stick. Allow to cool and enjoy. Store in airtight container.
8 ounces of semisweet chocolate (chocolate chips)
5 tablespoons of unsalted butter
2 cups of all purpose flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/3 cup of granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 teaspoons of peppermint extract
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 tablespoon of SpiceToMeetYou’s Minty Mint Pattycake Sugar