Baron’s Cove Resort Opens In Sag Harbor
Blending modern amenities with historic Hamptons charm, new waterfront resort Baron’s Cove will officially open on Thursday in Sag Harbor, New York.
Built in the 1960s, the location was the first resort development in Sag Harbor. Cape Resorts acquired the property and renovated the entire site – an extensive two-year project including the addition of new modern amenities and stylish nautical decor, thanks to interior designer, Coleen Bashaw.
Throughout the decades, the original resort and restaurant has been an East End destination for celebrities and cultural icons, attracting a host of notable guests including John and Elaine Steinbeck, Paul Newman, Art Garfunkel, Richard Kind, Jackson Pollock, Willem and Elaine de Kooning, Truman Capote, George Plimpton, and Kurt Vonnegut.
The new resort features an outdoor heated salt water pool and lounge area, 67 chic guest rooms, beautiful landscaping and restaurant and bar, with Executive Chef Matty Boudreau at the helm in the kitchen.
Additional Resort Features:
- Waterfront property
- Short walk to Sag Harbor’s Main Street (center of town where shops and restaurants are located)
- New pool area
- Tennis court
- Fitness Studio open 24 hours a day
- Scheduled exercise classes: Yoga, boot camp, and hula hooping
- Spa Services
- On-site restaurant and bar
- Renovated guestrooms, including private garden terraces, harbor loft suites with balconies and village rooms
- Dog-friendly rooms
- Complimentary beach service and shuttle transportation
- Complimentary bikes
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
31 W. Water Street
Sag Harbor, NY 11963