3 Game-Changing Natural Beauty Products With Healthy Ingredients
There are many fabulous beauty products out there, but unfortunately, a large number of them contain harmful chemicals which can have damaging effects on your body.
Luckily, beauty brands are combining natural ingredients with modern skin care technology to produce healthier formulas.
Here are three fantastic natural beauty and skin care products that are safe and effective.
1. Bio Seaweed Gel Nail Polish
Must-have product: Unity All-In-One Colour Gel Polish by Bio Seaweed Gel, $18 at shop.bioseaweedgel.com.
What is it? The only professional gel nail polish without all the harmful chemicals that can damage nails. Another perk: Regular gel polish requires a pricey UV/LED light to dry. Bio Seaweed Gel cures in sunlight – no lamp required.
For a super shiny manicure… We topped our polish with the brand’s own No-Wipe Top Gel Polish, $20. It also helps the polish dry faster in the sun.
Why we love it…
- You won’t need a lamp: Thanks to BSG SolarCure technology, the polish cures in the sun, leaving you with a perfectly dry and flawless manicure in minutes without an expensive LED/UV lamp.
- It looks picture-perfect and professional: Just like the gel manis we’re accustomed to, there’s lots of shine and that irresistibly flawless, smooth texture.
- It’s long-lasting: Our tester’s mani lasted for about 12 days without noticeable chipping or cracking.
- Say bye-bye to bad chemicals: The formula is free of the infamous “Big 5” of harmful ingredients. There is absolutely no formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, BHA, or solvents.
- Less damaging to nails: We experienced zero staining, and little to no dehydration or weakening.
- Multipurpose formula: Unity All-in-One Colour Gel Polish is a base coat, color, top coat and nail strengthener all at the same time. However, we recommend using the No-Wipe Top Gel Polish ($20 at Bio Seaweed Gel) on top of the polish. It gives your nails that “professionally-done,” super-shiny look, provides more nail protection, and helps the polish cure optimally in the sun.
- Great selection of colors: There are 114 colors available.
Yes! 25% Off Promo Code: We asked the folks at Bio Seaweed Gel for a special promo code for readers. They were kind enough to provide one! Get 25% off your next Bio Seaweed Gel purchase with code BSGNYSMASH at BioSeaweedGel.com. Expires 3/3/15.
2. Suki Skincare Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser
The product combination we love: Suki Skincare Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser (for facial complexion), $32.95, and Suki Skincare Exfoliate Foaming Body Cleanser, $34.95 at SukiSkincare.com.
What is it? A cutting-edge natural, synthetic-free and toxin-free skin exfoliation combo that fixes dry and dull skin on your face and body. A must-have beauty product for winter weather, or for anyone with dry skin problems.
The ingredients: Together, these products thoroughly cleanse skin with synthetic-free cosmeceutical actives, natural lemongrass and chamomile. Meanwhile, the raw sugar crystals contain alpha hydroxy acids, which buff away dead layers and excess oils without stripping off your skin’s natural moisture or causing irritation. The cleansers contain specially-formulated sugar crystals – fine crystals for face and larger crystals for the body.
- Blemish control: Both cleansers nix blemishes, white heads, and black heads.
- More hydrating than most scrubs and exfoliators: A lot of exfoliators can strip the skin of moisture. This duo will clean and moisturize the skin simultaneously.
- Non-irritating and safe for all skin types: Including the most sensitive skin.
- No more flaky, scaly or parched skin: The body cleanser fixes dry skin everywhere, from dry elbows and cracked soles, to flaky legs. Meanwhile, the cleanser resolves dry complexion problems, even chapped lips.
3. Sugar & Butter by Jane Iredale
Must-have product: jane iredale Sugar & Butter, $25 at janeiredale.com.
What is it? A lip exfoliator and tinted lip plumper in one portable stick. It has softening organic brown sugar scrub on one side and a peachy-pink lip plumper on the other.
The ingredients: The Sugar & Butter stick contains zero chemical preservatives or synthetic dyes. The lip plumper is made with hydrating shea butter and peptides for a plumper pout. Jane Iredale is known as the “healthy makeup” brand, with products that deliver skin care benefits and beautify at the same time.
Why we love it…
- Anti-aging effects: The exfoliator lifts dead cells, which prevents chapped lips and keeps your pucker youthful. The lip plumper smooths and diminishes lines.
- It’s convenient: If you’re on-the-go, it’s easy to bring this lipstick-sized container with you, stashed in your purse, pocket or makeup bag.
- It’s tinted: The plumper brings your lips to life with a subtle, natural pink color.
*We often receive product samples, and some of the products mentioned in this post may have been given to us. All opinions are our own.