Drinks & Dining
Expertly-Made Martini Recipe For National Martini Day
In honor of National Martini Day on June 19th, Belvedere Vodka partnered with Cocktail Courier, a company that delivers top-rated cocktails to doorsteps throughout Manhattan and Chicago, and Tad Carducci, an award-winning mixologist and bartender, to create a martini recipe just in time for the occasion.
The recipe is below. Plus, New Yorkers of legal drinking age can have this martini delivered to their doorstep through Cocktail Courier: https://www.cocktailcourier.com/drink/summer-thyme-martini/
- 2.0 OZ BELVEDERE VODKA
- 1.0 OZ BLANC VERMOUTH
- 2 DASHES BERG & HAUCK LEMON
- 1 THYME SPRIG
- GARNISH: 1 DEHYDRATED LEMON
- WHEEL, 1 THYME SPRIG
- REQUIRED BAR TOOLS: MIXING BEAKER, TEASPOON OR MUD-
- DLER, JIGGER OR MEASURING CUP, BAR SPOON, JULEP STRAINER
- GLASS: COUPE
- SHAKE / STIR / MUDDLE
- Chill Coupe Glass by placing in refridgerator or freezer. (Optional)
- Place 1 thyme sprig in a Mixing Beaker, then using a teaspoon or muddler lightly press on thyme sprig to release essential oils.
- Fill Mixing Beaker about 2/3 full with ice.
- Measure and add Belvedere, vermouth, and bitters into Mixing Beaker. Stir contents by placing shaft of Bar Spoon between your index and middle finger.
- Insert spoon into the beaker until spoon touches bottom.
- Keeping your arm and fingers still, use your wrist to turn the spoon in the glass. The spoon will spin about in your fingers on its own axis.
- Stir for about 60 seconds.
- Remove Coupe Glass from refrigerator/freezer.
- Strain contents of Mixing Beaker using Julep Strainer into Coupe Glass.
- Garnish with 1 deyhdrated lemon wheel and 1 thyme Sprig.