People Are Buying More Luxury Lingerie During Winter Storm Juno
It looks like people are trying to stay warm by taking it all off.
As Winter Storm Juno blasts the Northeast with freezing temperatures, high winds and heavy snow, New Yorkers are doing their best to stay warm and safe. But surprisingly, instead of stocking up on cold weather gear, people are buying more luxury lingerie, according to data findings by high-traffic shopping platform Lyst.com.
The simple explanation could be, well, body warmth. As they spend more time hibernating indoors, people are ordering sexy bedroom outfits so they can cuddle up at home with someone special. Actually, Craigslist reported that more New Yorkers are seeking “snuggle” buddies to keep them warm through those cold days and nights.
Check out these sexy statistics, as reported by Lyst.com today:
- Lyst saw a sudden, unexpected increase in traffic to the lingerie category.
- Meanwhile, page views for luxury lingerie brand Agent Provocateur on Lyst increased by over 500 percent between last thursday and this morning.
- Luxury lingerie brands Myla, La Perla and Kiki de Montparnasse also saw an uplift in traffic, as New Yorkers browsed the best bras, corsets and camisoles from the world of fashion.
The Most Popular Lingerie Styles Bought by New Yorkers on Lyst So Far During the Snowstorm:
- Classic styles in black lace and champagne satin.
- Stockings by Wolford and Falke are also in the top 20 trending products on Lyst this week for the East Coast area.